Saturday, May 19, 2012

May 19th

So I thought I was looking forward to the weekend with the 3 kids by myself. Now I am not sure if my experience is really coming close to my expectations. I have now had the kids for 4 days by myself. It is really uninspiring to cook for one adult and 2 kids- especially when it has been warm and the kids tummies have been acting up. I am tired of instructing them to do things. I am tired of the "whiny" voice. I am tired of raising my voice. I am tired of not really having adult conversation other than on the phone (and those conversations have been really great- don't get me wrong!). I am tired of waking up in the night (although not sharing the bed with one adult AND one baby is really much nicer). I don't like cleaning up barf. I do like the funny conversations and observations of 7 and 5 year olds. I love how they play together so well. I am almost ready for them to go back to school.

The kids are really into posing for photos these past few days (even almost instigating them) and so I have been lucky to have scored some fun shots. Here's the three of them having fun on the kitchen floor. Ami was holding/visiting with Timo and Mimi came along and suggested that she sit in Ami's lap and Timo could sit in her lap. This is what came of that suggestion.... 
  


1 comment:

Caitlin said...

I feel your pain. God help me that there are so many years left of that kind of behaviour!
However, CUTE PICTURE!