Friday, May 4, 2012

Things i like about Spokane- part 1 in a series?

I have very much been enjoying seeing the dawning of Spring here. In other places where I have lived there is no clear moment when you really know it is spring. Maybe it is also because I only know this place in winter-mode. I am astonished with all the beautiful trees here. I especially am loving the dogwoods. They aren't like the white dogwood that I know from the house that I grew up in. They are way bigger with wee flowers that have beautiful rusty colours along with the cream. There are other beautiful trees that seem to have rusty coloured flowers along with the new lime-green leaves. I love the weeping cherry trees and some fabulous weeping forsythia too.

Things are emerging in our garden that I didn't know were there. The most prolific of those things is the daffodils! Daffodils should be the city flower perhaps?

Our veggie garden is starting to sprout and i think i will put in the seeds that "get planted after the last frost" this weekend. Must start them soaking this afternoon.

The water in the Spokane River is incredibly high these days and there is a flood warning for Spokane! (I am not worried considering where we are in the city ;) ) The falls are spectacular as a result.

This makes me wish I had a picture or two to put here. Perhaps that will be my weekend challenge!

No comments: