Tuesday, February 28, 2012

a WAY bigger triumph

I have had dreams about this boy walking. This is my friend Amy's boy Cypress. He is 3.5 years old. Even though I believed it would happen one day, actually seeing him walking moves me so profoundly. I want the world to know about his story.  You wouldn't necessarily know it from watching this video but he has cerebral palsy.  Amy and Sean were told all sorts of dire things about how he would never crawl, stand, talk, eat, have a pincer grasp, walk etc.

The prognosticators were wrong. wrong. wrong. wrong.

They didn't know the power of belief, love, persistence and the Anat Baniel Method.

I wonder what Cypress will do with his awesome life. I just hope I get to go shopping with him some day- or at least dance with him at his wedding.

No comments: